NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was slow today. Last nights flurry of good size sea mullet were notably absent during the daylight hours. Not a trout to be seen. No bait fish in the water. No sea birds or dolphins in sight. A smooth hound "dogfish" shark was caught and rerleased as were many clearnose skates. Pygmy stingrays were in attendance as were a few blowfish. No bluefish.
If it pleases the site editors I will make photos of sharks for identification purposes avaliable as I take them this season.
R/V Osprey
Capt Al

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
If it pleases the site editors I will make photos of sharks for identification purposes available as I take them this season.
R/V Osprey
Capt Al
That sounds very cool! I for one will look very much forward to seeing them!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today Tuesday Report

Shark fishing was very good today. There were many 4 foot "dogfish" sharks [smooth tooth] hooked on bottom rigs baited with shrimp. Very entertaining on light rods. The rest of the report is dismal. Sea mullet were quite scarce during the day. No RELIABLE data regarding last nights catch was available today. There was some bird activity but nothing to write about. The dolphins brought the "children" in to chase mullet or what ever was there but they did not remain in a feedng pattern long. Still no blues, trout or other large bait species. Few blowfish were caught.
Photos were taken of the SMOOTH HOUND DOGFISH and the SPINY DOGFISH as well as several species of stingrays and skates. I will make them available as soon as I can get them thru the 'PHOTOSHOP' PROGRAM.
More tomorrow
R/V OSPREY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.