NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you within reach of the northern part of Wake County may want to make note of this weekend's sale at Paddle Creek outfitters, right at the base of the Falls Lake dam.

Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill NC Kayak Canoe Outfitters &Neuse River Rentals

Wow, a 12' Manta Ray (just like mine) for only $400! I could've had a V8 and saved a bundle on my car insurance BOTH!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Funny, I was told they were not having the sale this year before I bought mine.

Oh well, nice price on the Ultimate 12 as well. Actually, lots of nice prices if they are still in good shape.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Funny, I was told they were not having the sale this year before I bought mine...
Maybe they're not doing a truckload sale like they have in previous years - just moving last year's rental fleet??? (Trying to give them benefit of the doubt on a technicality/misunderstanding)

...Actually, lots of nice prices if they are still in good shape.
There's a definite difference between good shape and new shape. Depends on if you like taking delivery with it freshly cleaned & polished, all stickers intact, no stains, no scratches, full warranty, documents and any included spare parts or if you're willing to concede some/all of those things for a better price. (Not sure how warranty works on rental fleet resale - might still be transferable since they're a dealer). I know they picked up a load of LL branded Manta Rays at the end of the season, so some of the boats in the clearance may not be used much if at all.

The fleet boats bear a thorough looking over but good deals can be had if you move quick. Double check the little things that are more likely to get broken/lost like seat brackets and hinges, deck loops and decking, handles, tankwell straps/snaps/clips, footpegs and brackets, anything that locks or holds anything else, etc... Also know that some boats are much more popular than others for rental (mostly newbies/recreational - heavy on the tandem sit-insides and canoes) and will take a harder beating.

Who knows - I might even find myself over there Saturday morning...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.