NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Salem Lake Crappie - and bass

I was out there Thursday 3/6. air temp was mid 60s. light wind out of the SE. Sunny and clear. Water temp was cold. would guess 45 to 50 but pretty clear.

Caught one largemouth 17 inches and fat on a white and green spinner bait with purple and yellow plastic grub tail. was barely crawling it along the shore line. fish was caught in 4 ft water. fought pretty good for as cold as it was.

later,
wade

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the info on salem fellows me and F150were just on the phone talking about Salem Lake.I like the lake. I usually dont hit it untill the hydrilla sprouts up .I do the same with tomalex.I dont know how the fish are at tomalex sence they put the air lines in last year but it should be better than before.I didnt get out on the water this past weekend due to the windy condictions. i plan on hitting belews this friday if the weather is willing.good luck fellows thanks once agin on the Salem report.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks for the info on salem fellows me and F150were just on the phone talking about Salem Lake.I like the lake. I usually dont hit it untill the hydrilla sprouts up .I do the same with tomalex.I dont know how the fish are at tomalex sence they put the air lines in last year but it should be better than before.I didnt get out on the water this past weekend due to the windy condictions. i plan on hitting belews this friday if the weather is willing.good luck fellows thanks once agin on the Salem report.
Fished tomalex last wed and bass were non-existent to anything I threw out. We caught small crappie and white bass on minnows. If your headed out there shoot me a PM I live like 5 minutes away and fish often but always bank fishing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
air lines are good in the summer. it used to be the best summer spot on this lake, but they have added so many air lines the fish are spread out now. I troll with the electric and a deep crankbait with two crappie jigs 3 feet or so behind it. It works. Fish are way more stunted than they used to be though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.