NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Cool! I've tried there a couple times with no luck. I need to go back now that I have a kayak.

Are you aware of any depth chart for the lake? I've looked before and not been able to find one.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if there is anything out there as far as an accurate topo. It is an old impoundment, and when repairs were done on the dam recently, the aerator lines were redone, and who knows what else as far as the area around the dam.

I can say this much, in the past where the aerator lines come close to the channels, have been good places to troll for Crappie and Hybrids.

Fishscalz

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah I've heard great things about the air lines for crappie, you're one of the first I've heard say they've had luck with the hybrids though.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's mostly about speed, Hybrids seem to like baits moving faster than Crappie do when it's warmer....1-2 mph for Crappie, 2-4 mph for Hybrids, generally....they'll be within a few feet of each other concerning depth

Fishscalz

·
Registered
418 Posts
Interesting. I haven't fished there this year and I really should have while I was out of school. I have about a week left, and if the Yadkin stays high I might have to try Salem Lake instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts