NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy are making a game plan this year. Recently moved to wilmington

both of us are strong paddlers and swimmers looking to make some offshore/inshore kayak fishing, I see that ar-370 is 3.5 miles away from the masonboro inlrt bouy any closer points of interest?

Also any tips for the jetties themselves?

Any help would be sweet

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
My plan for BTB is largely to set up for surf fishing and make an occasional foray out. You know that feeling of frustration when you see a moving melee go by out of range? And even if you have a crazy good casting rod, it's a moving target. Following it a while an casting around the edges would be a lot more satisfying...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My plan for BTB is largely to set up for surf fishing and make an occasional foray out. You know that feeling of frustration when you see a moving melee go by out of range? And even if you have a crazy good casting rod, it's a moving target. Following it a while an casting around the edges would be a lot more satisfying...
oh yeah I know that feeling. Or when I see a ton of birds and splashing right past the breakers

·
Registered
642 Posts
Me and a buddy are making a game plan this year. Recently moved to wilmington

both of us are strong paddlers and swimmers looking to make some offshore/inshore kayak fishing, I see that ar-370 is 3.5 miles away from the masonboro inlrt bouy any closer points of interest?

Also any tips for the jetties themselves?

Any help would be sweet

My buddy and I always catch a lot of flounder bouncing finger mullet across the bottom and floating with the incoming tide. Sometimes we put out a sock to slow our drift. I havent fished the jetties much from my yak due to boat traffic in the inlet.

However....I am very much interested in a paddle to AR-370. Most of my yak fishing trips are longer anyway, and I've fished the ship many times from a boat. Just haven't paddled to it yet. Under the right conditions and when its warmer I'm up for going.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My buddy and I always catch a lot of flounder bouncing finger mullet across the bottom and floating with the incoming tide. Sometimes we put out a sock to slow our drift. I havent fished the jetties much from my yak due to boat traffic in the inlet.

However....I am very much interested in a paddle to AR-370. Most of my yak fishing trips are longer anyway, and I've fished the ship many times from a boat. Just haven't paddled to it yet. Under the right conditions and when its warmer I'm up for going.
yeah I cnt wait for warm water. Someone I talked to today said theres a closer wreck called liberty? Anyone heard of it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.