NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, September 24, 2005

Today I took Scott and Sam out for a half day of fishing the flats. Scott is a fellow CCA member, and he had purchased a trip that I had donated to the local CCA Chapter here in Wilmington.

It was a beautiful afternoon, the tide was right, but the fish didn't seem to be to hungry. However, we did manage to catch a few fish and ended up with 2/3 of an inshore slam. Both Scott and Sam both caught redfish and I lucked up with a nice flounder (if we could have just found that Speckled Trout).

The picture is of Sam with his first Redfish. Great to see a father and son enjoying each others company with a day on the water. Needless to say, Sam wasn't ready to go home when the time arrived. Reminds me that it's time to take my Dad fishing!! Get ready Dad.
All fish were released to fight again.

Sunday was a bust due to strong NE winds.

Get out there and take a kid (or a parent) fishing!!!

Capt. Brent

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Good job, slams aren't nearly as meaningful as fun and memories. Sometimes a customer might have his heart set on a slam but most folks will be back if you show them a good time in a pleasant environment with a little nature tossed in. Slotsize reds, big trout and doormat flounder are just icing on the cake AL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.