NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, our due date was January 10, 2008, but it would seem that My son is just as impatient as his Daddy. My wife, Ali, and I are at the Hospital and are awaiting my Son's arrival. Ali has high blood pressure, and it has reached a point where the doctors are concerned for her health. They have started a steroid treatment to help Liam's lungs develop faster. They are hoping to give him at least 48 hrs before he is delivered, but they would like to give him more time if possible. All of this depends on Ali's blood pressure, which so far, they have been able to gain control over.

Whatever the outcome, the doctors have informed us that when we leave the hospital, there is a 100% chance that we will not be leaving alone. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
fantastic!!! Sorry you didnt get "first new baby of 2008"...LOL I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts for a safe and quick birth!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fantastic!!! Sorry you didnt get "first new baby of 2008"...LOL I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts for a safe and quick birth!!
Hey, I'd trade a "new year baby" for a "tax credit baby" anytime :eek:
Anyhow, I'm just so anxious to meet him I am about to bust! He is definately not coming tonight, as Ali's BP seems to have stabilized, so hopefully we can make it 48 hours or more to give him the best chance of not needing to be on a ventilator.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
***UPDATE***

Looks like Santa is still coming, just not as early as previously thought. Ali has responded very well to her BP meds and the doctors are hoping to wait another 2-3 weeks to get her to 36 weeks. By this time, Liam's lungs should be developed and there will be fewer complications. We will remain in the Hospital for at least 1-2 more days for observation. If Ali's BP continues to go well, then we can go home. If not, then we will be in the hospital for those weeks until we reach 36 (UUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH).

So we have gone from downloading this baby yesterday to maybe being able to go home for a couple more weeks to maybe having to stay at the hospital for a couple of weeks. All I gotta say is this boy better pick fishing and camping over ballet or theater or I'm gonna be a might bit upset:p!!!!!!!!!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Glad Liams decided to stay in the "incubator" a bit longer..!! I'm sure it will be best for all...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, our due date was January 10, 2008, but it would seem that My son is just as impatient as his Daddy. My wife, Ali, and I are at the Hospital and are awaiting my Son's arrival. Ali has high blood pressure, and it has reached a point where the doctors are concerned for her health. They have started a steroid treatment to help Liam's lungs develop faster. They are hoping to give him at least 48 hrs before he is delivered, but they would like to give him more time if possible. All of this depends on Ali's blood pressure, which so far, they have been able to gain control over.

Whatever the outcome, the doctors have informed us that when we leave the hospital, there is a 100% chance that we will not be leaving alone. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
seeing my birthday is the 11th of jan..and see how well i turned out...lol....

zooker

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
*** UPDATE ***

We're going home! WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!! No baby yet - he gets to bake a little longer. Docs are happy with the response of Ali's blood pressure to the increased meds, and feel confident that there are no other signs of pre-eclampsia or other trouble. Baby is doing well and appears happy to stay put for a while. We will see the doctor for a regular office visit early next week and go from there. The dr. we saw this morning even inicated that if Ali's blood pressures remained good, they may be able to relax some of the bed rest restrictions. Yippppeeeeeee!!!! :D
Thank you all so much for your warm wishes and support, and we hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!! We know we will!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Great news!! Enjoy the holiday as you have MUCH to be thankful for!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
*** UPDATE ***

Well, Santa just called, He is on his way for good this time.

After 9 days away from work I was finally able to go back on duty today. Not 2 1/2 hours into my shift, Ali called me and said she had a high BP reading, but this time with a headache and blurred vision (danger signs the doc's told us to watch for). So me and my trusty Blue Lighted steed ride the governor all the way home from Rolling View. I pack a quick bag (an over night one, not the wife :eek:) and off to the hospital we went.

We got here and the doc came in and said her with her history and current BP levels, and the steroids having had time to work, She told us that we were gonna go ahead and download rangergreg281 version 2.0 (A.K.A. Liam)!!!!!!!!

So, Ali and I are now playing the waiting game at WakeMed. The I.V. drip is set up, the Pitocin has been given (to help induce labor), and the contractions have just begun (very mild at the moment). Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I will have a a 2:1 male female ratio and a new fisherman in the household! :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.