NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be renting a house on the lake around Christmas. I have a 9-year-old that's crazy about fishing, so I thought maybe I'd rent a boat and see what the lake has for us. Would prefer trout, but would be happy to show her a multi-species day.
Any advice would be welcome.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here’s a good article on the lake from a few years ago:

Personally, when I’m fishing new waters, I either try to find a local to fish with or just hire a guide for 1/2 day to a full day. I know a guide may be expensive, but the insight they can provide when fishing a new area can be invaluable and you can always use it to build from if you decide to return and fish on your own. Plus they handle all of the work and almost always put you on fish!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here’s a good article on the lake from a few years ago:

Personally, when I’m fishing new waters, I either try to find a local to fish with or just hire a guide for 1/2 day to a full day. I know a guide may be expensive, but the insight they can provide when fishing a new area can be invaluable and you can always use it to build from if you decide to return and fish on your own. Plus they handle all of the work and almost always put you on fish!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the article! I am trying to find a guide.
We also may try Nantahala River. I actually do know a thing or three about fishing trout streams. A stream is just a lot easier for a 9-year-old to fall into, which won't be fun in December.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts