NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

Life has finially slowed down enough that I will get a chance to put my yak in the water for the first time this year. I was thinking of heading up north to Jordan early Sat. morning. I would also like to take a min. and thank all of the folks that put on the MAD event at Fort Macon. I had a blast. I went deep sea fishing for the first time. I did really good at not getting sick at first, but as soon as I lost sight of land things got a little hairy. I never did get sick, but I sure did feel like crap. Capt. Mason of Slammin Hammer put us on fish all day long. A big thanks go's out to him and his Crew. I can't wait until next year. Well if anyone would like to meet up and fish saturday please let me know.

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Man, I wish I could... my son's soccer game is at 10:30. We'll have to hit the road about 9:45...

Lefty

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sounds good OSH! Hope ya get your "sea-legs" next trip!

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Hey Osh - hope somebody can take you up on it tomorrow. No way I can get free this weekend. But I leave you this treasure map: Google Maps

I suggest minnows, 4-5' below surface in the colored area near the back of the Weaver Creek arm. Crankbait & spinnerbait worked ok for us last week, but didn't feed the family.

Or fish where you like with what you want. Either way, let us know how you do!!

We've got to get better on our kayak timing around here.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all that replied.
I hope the weather holds out. Thanks for the tip jeff I think I will give it a try. I am getting out a little later today then I wanted. I will let you all know how thing's go.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
JEFF! HUSH! :eek:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again thanks to all that replied to my post. Due to possible bad weather I stayed close to home. I went cat fishing on Frt.Bragg with my kids. We didn't catch anything, but I sure did have a blast watching the kids play and fish. I haven't laughed that much in a really long time. I think that I will be headed north to fish maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully the weather will be good. Well I hope everyone has a good week and a better week end.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am open for anything. Most of the time I try to fish Jordan or Harris which are the only to place that I have been to. But I am willing to travel almost anywhere to fish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.