NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if anyone has tried any scent applicators on artificial lures, especially soft plastics.. i am mainly talking flounder but whatever works for trout or corkaer or whatever would be cool... i enjoy using them for flounder when possibly (ie location mainly and water depth) but the colors i like cant be found in a gulp or powerbait made by berkely.. just wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction as who makes what and what scent has worked... i found one powerbait by berkely that i loved three years ago but they changed and the baits are called the same but the colors arent quite as vibrant and i dont like them as mush so i need to find something to put on my favorite baits.. thanks
vaflounderman

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
umm i like anyting in electric chicken, but the new powerbaits electric chicken stinks it doesnt even show colors at all.. so i stick to slatwater assassins which are unscented so i need ot find something to add a little taste short of squid strips or something like that

·
Registered
574 Posts
vaflounderman said:
umm i like anyting in electric chicken, but the new powerbaits electric chicken stinks it doesnt even show colors at all.. so i stick to saltwater assassins which are unscented so i need ot find something to add a little taste short of squid strips or something like that
Mike, I didn't put him up to it! I swear!:D I'll look for the Nuke Chicken Gulp! next time I'm at NSS in Kinston.

vaflounderman, I've never tried it, but I've heard of folks injecting soft baits with menhaden oil with a hypodermic syringe. Know any diabetics? That turkey injector may be a bit big!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Just tell your doctor what you need syringes for--I usually trade some of my home made flies for them. You need to cut menhaden oil with mineral oil to avoid plugging the needle.:) Its cheaper than gulp, of course I traded for the menhaden oil also. I am known as a cheap fisherman.:D

Later,Forrest

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
VaFlounder - try Carolina Lunker Sauce on those baits if you don't want to mess with syringes. It comes in menhaden, crab and shrimp flavors. Here's some info from an advertisement:

Carolina Lunker Sauce™ Saltwater Pro-Series is a new, patented high-tech polymer based fish attractant formula that has set a new performance standard in the fishing industry. The water soluble formula is engineered to instantly bond with all soft plastics and slowly release pure scent for well over 30 minutes, while leaving a scent trail in the water column that does not float to the surface like traditional petroleum based attractants. With over 4 years of research and field testing, it has proven to out-catch any other attractant or scent-infused plastic anywhere.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
You don't need a prescription to buy syringes in NC, just go in to a local pharmacy and ask for a syringe that is 1 or 3ml with a 25 gauge needle. My pharmacy sells several sizes mostly used for b-12 injections but we have one guy tht buys them to refill his ink cartridges. http://www.pro-cure.com/oil.html
this place has different types of fish scent oils that can be injected or smeared on bait

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
vaflounderman said:
haha did i say something wrong with saying electric chicken and saltwater assassin?
:D Naw - you just landed in the middle of a long running friendly debate about the effectivness of Gulp! versus the Electric Chicken versus Gummy Worms, versus etc....... Welcome to our discussion.....:);)

·
Registered
574 Posts
vaflounderman said:
haha did i say something wrong with saying electric chicken and saltwater assassin?
I needed another ally:D. Long Live the Saltwater Assasin Electric Chicken Paddletail Brotherhood!

·
Registered
574 Posts
You can eat saltwater assassins too. "Tastes like..........." aww never mind;).

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Nothing like a big plate with fillets of large fresh fried speckled trout caught with GUMMY WORMS and then snacking on your left over Gummy Worms while watching NOVA on PBS after supper.:D

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
341 Posts
OK, fellows and gals, is the gummy worm thing real or am I just the supreme dumb @$$ for believing it? Like the guy in Dirty Harry said, "I just gots to know."

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Coach--- Yep! All true. Only the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth told in this board.(looking for the crossed fingers icon).You will really never know till you try them.:D

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh, come on, Fojo ... this is a board for people who fish! If we put all the words in all the stories together, we may get something that looks like the truth :D . Anyway, looking foolish or not, I'm trying it the next time I go out. Any particular "flavors" I should use? I know to not use the root beer flavor to avoid being overrun with bream, pinfish, crabs, sharks, whatever.

If anyone laughs at me (instead of with me), I'll say nasty things under my breath. Be warned!!!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Coach--- The lemon lime flavors work best for me.:) Honestly, I catch gray and speckled trout on them. Like any soft bait you gotta know how to present them. I use them for a novelty thing--always gets a rise out of my trout fishing buddies. THEY WILL CATCH TROUT.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
341 Posts
OK, I'm gonna' take your word on this one and give it a try when I go to Fort Caswell in a few weeks. Now, some questions ...

How do you rig your worms? Do you fish them naked or behind a jig or bucktail? Have you rigged them wacky style with any success?

Since it seems that all I can do is take other people to where the fish are (see posts about Lefty and sticks), it is apparent that I need all the help I can get!

Thanks,

Coach

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.