NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, I got the salty finger and well my hommie hooked me up with some gear. I am hitting myrtle beach( yea I know isnt the best) my arsenal is a 12' tsumai spinning rod, 6 oz max, with a giant Penn fierce. other is a 9 or 10 daiwa carp rod that 4 oz max. That is spinning combo with a some big penn reel. Last but not least I have a abu 7000 baitcasting reel without rod. whats your opinions on these, what is a good fishing place in Myrtle. what would you do for line, mono, braid, braid with leader. I do know shark fishing is illegal :(

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Myrtle Beach is about the last place I would want to surf fish. It's too flat, no structure or near by inlets to hold fish. .....ICM

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
They groom the beaches at Myrtle and have destroyed what little fishery they had. Go up towards the State Park or farther north, the farther the better Little River inlet is where things get start to really better.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:( :(, doubt I will get time travel, was just gonna setup at night off from hotel, I do know were the the state park is but if it is meh, I may just use my stuff for catfish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts