NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a rook to the area having only been here for about 4 months... I was on Jordan late yesterday afternoon and fell into a 200 yard stretch of extremely nervous bait being chased/corralled on the surface by something but couldn't get whatever it is to bite. I thought maybe Stripers but couldn't catch a glimpse of a back or a tail to confirm. The weirdest thing was that with ll the birds on that lake not one was interested in this school. I fished them for about an hour with no success. Does this happen regularly or did was this a Haley's comet moment?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was on Jordan yesterday with a guide. He did 4 hrs in AM with first custome and 4 hrs early afternoon with us. 2 crummy fish ALL day. Morn guy got 1 small bass and I kinda tripped on to a crappie about 8". Really bad "catchin" day. LOTTSA fishin nuttin biting

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Usually when you see that on Jordan its is small white bass, small largemouth and small white perch. If they are bigger whites, or bigger largemouth a well placed cast with a topwater plug or crankbait will usually get you bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.