NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and kayaking. I went canoe fishing on Lake Lure in May and that got me interested in kayaking. We were on vacation last month at Emerald Isle and rented some kayaks. We took them out on the sound fishing for drum. I was instantly hooked, no pun intended. I have been patiently waiting for the right opportunity, and price, to come along to get one. Today I got lucky. I picked up 2 fishing kayaks for less than the price of 1 off of Craigslist. They had 3 for sale and my father in law got the 3rd. Got lucky, the posting was up for an hour and the lady said she had received a few calls already. I negotiated the price down as I was getting all 3, grabbed the trailer and was out the door. When we got there, the seller was a little ticked his wife had agreed to sell them for the price that she did, but he was nice about it. They had only seen water 3 times. Little bit of bottom scratches from a shallow river, but sound condition. Got all 3 for $750. This wasn't my first choice, but I got myself what I feel is a decent entry level kayak plus a buddy yak. Epic score! I can't wait to hit the water!

Kayaks.jpg

·
Registered
418 Posts
Got myself a FS Eagle Talon 12 a month or two ago. So far, so good. Stable and tracks well in my opinion, though my experience is limited. The seat can get a little rough after long trips, and that's coming from a small guy.

I easily paddle extended distances up rivers in it. It moves pretty well. If you do some personal rigging on it please post. I need ideas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got myself a FS Eagle Talon 12 a month or two ago. So far, so good. Stable and tracks well in my opinion, though my experience is limited. The seat can get a little rough after long trips, and that's coming from a small guy.

I easily paddle extended distances up rivers in it. It moves pretty well. If you do some personal rigging on it please post. I need ideas.
I am a bigger guy myself, so I definitely plan on replacing the seat soon with something more comfortable and hopefully figure out a way to raise it.

I haven't hit the water yet in it, I still need to pick up a paddle. I will probably just take it to Oak Hollow Lake to cruise around and familiarize myself with it before I do anything since it's close to the house.

I already have some ideas spinning for DIY outriggers, and a also a rudder.

Have you tried standing in it to fish? If so, how does it balance?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I do a lil part time work at Dicks, I sell a ton of those yaks. They go for 550 not on sale, usually 450 on sale. Can't beat that deal you got. Upgrade the seat, and get em!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts