NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys me and the lil fam moved up to laurel hill I really wanna start fishin Blewett falls a d the peedee below the dam. But I don't wanna fish there with out someone that knows it I'll be fishing the rockingham side any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
As long as water isn't coming over dam, and it often isn't, not much to worry about except snakes. Just stay on dam side of split, Y shape, and away from the powerhouse on Anson County side. Lots of rocks to fish around if water is low. The whole area is quite shallow except up by the apron of the dam, where it's very deep. Fishing is hit and miss, not good as it once was (like most places) but a nice place to paddle with easy access. You should put in at Mountain Creek boat ramp and paddle toward River (thoroughfare). Had some good days in that area, maybe 10 minutes from your original plan. Spent a lot of time out there 20 years ago, but not much help now.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.