NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to get away from Dodge and take my vacation day that I've been deferring over and over again. Made it to Scott's Hill a little later than intended - about a 10am launch, after a stop in Hampstead for some new Gulp - and started catching right away. Catching junk, that is. Filled out my reptile slam with a Toad and several Lizards right off the bat. Then a couple small flounder. Stuck a few pinfish as penalty for gnawing on my gulp. The bite, such as it was, tailed off around 12:30 - right about high tide.

A bit on the breezy side and I was not on top of my game - left my new popping corks in the truck, didn't clip the anchor trolly on before I left, couldn't find any high ground to toss the cast net from or put the anchor trolley on with, etc... Seemed like good fish splashing on the other side of every stand of grass I was fishing. I'd go to the other side and the action would start on the side that I just left.

They were unwrapping the new Gulp colors at Eastern Outfitters. I tried a pack of the sugar & spice glow (I think) and it seemed popular with the trash fish. Also got a small tub of the Gulp Live - it is softer than regular Gulp. Starting to lose my love for the shrimp as the tails weren't lasting 2 casts in that pinfish & lizardfish infested water. They still bite the nubs, but I lose my confidence.

Nevertheless, it was a fine day to get away. Caught up on several of the sermons I've been missing while in SS on the drive, cleared the brain, got some sun, didn't get rained on. If every November 1st could be spent in shorts at the coast sitting in a kayak, I would not complain...

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Nice day anyway for sure.. I think the coming weather shift has already spooked 'em close to the bigwater.... Mixed bag of info today....

·
Registered
962 Posts
Well look at it this way: you were enriched by communing with Nature, the sermons and visting a couple of God's less favorable fish. However, if you and I decide to go to the coast sometime, if you mention Scott's Hill, remind me to suggest somewhere else. ;)

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Well look at it this way: you were enriched by communing with Nature, the sermons and visting a couple of God's less favorable fish. However, if you and I decide to go to the coast sometime, if you mention Scott's Hill, remind me to suggest somewhere else. ;)
Yeah - there ain't no fish [-]here[/-] there - don't even bother [-]coming here[/-] going there :rolleyes: :D

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Lmbo!!!> Ta

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Lots of other places, the answer is "no water". You coastal guys are still ahead of the rest of us in that department.

Scott's Hill, Hampstead, no fish. Sneads Ferry no fish. Maybe you guys can try Hobucken.:D

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
... if you and I decide to go to the coast sometime, if you mention Scott's Hill, remind me to suggest somewhere else. ;)
Yeah - there ain't no fish [-]here[/-] there - don't even bother [-]coming here[/-] going there :rolleyes: :D
Scott's Hill, Hampstead, no fish. Sneads Ferry no fish. Maybe you guys can try Hobucken.:D
If we start condemning all the water I can't catch fish in, we're going to need a new name for the site - I wonder if NCgolfer.com is taken???:)

"Our greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius (Imagine how profound he could have been if only he'd been a fisherman!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.