NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Surf City Pier from 5pm until 11pm last night. One of those weekend nights when you have just as much fun seeing old friends and visiting with people as the fishing. Lots of people...word is out that the spots are here. Over all lots of fish caught. Mixed bag included Pompano, Mullet, Spots, Black Drum (mainly near surf), small blues and some Spanish near the end until about 630pm. The King rigs only brought up a Chomper, I think, but after they left, I saw a two ft shark and an octopus caught from the bottom from those who could not get a space on the North side. Shrimp was the bait of the day but also saw blood worms. Lots of people fishing with live minnows but without results. Perfect night, just the right wind and mild with giant swells every 1-3min to keep things exciting-current wasn't bad either-2-3oz did the trick.

Spot report: Just like clock work....the run started about 6:30pm (after all the Pompano you could haul up) and lasted until about 9:30pm. After that slow but steady. I was fishing about 15ft from the King only line (getting there after work was "late" do to the crowd).

Friendly little tip for those who don't know: if crowded and you have to fish the very end with the Kingers, please cast straight out, don't cast across everyone else below you:)

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
It sounds like a lot of fish being caught, thanks for the report...............Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
Friendly little tip for those who don't know: if crowded and you have to fish the very end with the Kingers, please cast straight out, don't cast across everyone else below you:)
That is true if you are at the end of the pier or in the suds. I can only take so much of these wild cast. I just go put my waders on and head for the surf. Catch all I can handle without getting mad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts