NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a certified scuba diver, and would like some information on scuba diving in Jordan Lake. Could someone give me an idea on where would a good place to be to go into the lake, and what is the visibility under the water, and what the depth of the lake? I would appreciate the information. Jay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi KBURT316 - welcome to NC Angler! I too am a diver but I stick to the salty stuff so I can't help you with Jordan lake info. If you ever need info on diving offshore of Topsail, let me know, I'll try to help.
Well, I would like some information for Topsail. I don't know where that is, but I can find it. I operate out of a scuba shop out of Fayetteville, and live on the lake that they teach the open water, advanced, and rescue courses on. Would love to have any information on diving anywhere. Thanks. Jay

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
We have a lot of nice wrecks and reefs down here. There are several charters that operate out of New River Inlet, New Topsail and Masonboro (Wrightsville Beach). The visibility varies from less than 10 feet to over 50. The closer to shore, the less likely to have good visibility.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Kburt get ahold of me and let me know which shop you work for, Im guessing rek tec, I need to re cert. and would like to get my open water and search and rescue. Plus...we can go fish haha. Ive never been down in jordan but I dove in alot of lakes in missouri. and wouldnt mind going up to jordan with you. If I remember correctly. I dont think jordan is all that deep maybe 60 ft max. Most of the places I fished were 20-35 ft.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Kburt get ahold of me and let me know which shop you work for, Im guessing rek tec, I need to re cert. and would like to get my open water and search and rescue. Plus...we can go fish haha. Ive never been down in jordan but I dove in alot of lakes in missouri. and wouldnt mind going up to jordan with you. If I remember correctly. I dont think jordan is all that deep maybe 60 ft max. Most of the places I fished were 20-35 ft.
Thanks for getting back with me. Where in Missouri were you. I lived there for a couple of years around the Springfield area. I just got back from a dive off the coast of south carolina on a site called barracuda alley. I can be reached at kburt316 at hotmail. I go through the dive shop on Yadkin rd., and I live on the lake where they do the training on. later

·
Registered
464 Posts
cape fear dive? Im from kansas city but the lake were belton, pomme detarre, truman ect. my whole fmily dives there in the lake and caves. I dont have the guts to go into the caves. Most of my family lives in springfield, oceoala or kc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.