NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any input on either Sea Tow or Boat US? Just got an old 18' Parker and planning on inshore and nearshore fishing around Morehead City, Oriental and Wilmington this summer. Thanks in advance for the help guys!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I've never used either but around wilmington I've always seen sea tow on the water, sometimes just cruising as if waiting to respond to the next call. Have never seen Boat US.
Gery
Man, thats my kinda job!!! ride around on the water all day... I probably get fired for fishing on the job.:eek:.at least trolling...:D

Reactions: RedMenace

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am a little partial, since I was previously a SeaTow captain on the Chesapeake Bay. Having said that, I will tell you a few differences from up north.

We (SeaTow) would tow the boat at the maximum safe speed - not just 6 knots. For those who were not members and were paying by the hour, this could mean hundreds of dollars saved on a tow. The local Boat U.S. didn't do the same. Maybe it was up to the individual captain or company policy - I don't know. If we were towing a boat that was kept in a marina, we would strive to assist the operator in getting into his slip, etc. We were thoroughly trained and checked out before we jumped into the tow boat and started cruising for people in trouble.

These are just a couple of examples, but now that I am living in NC and paying for a membership, I carry a SeaTow card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.