NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone out there had any experience with seafox boats. Im looking at a 2005 18ft CC with a 90hp 2005 merc. Guy is asking $7800. from the pictures the boat looks to be in an excellent condition and is very clean. I was looking at some forums regarding these hulls and have seen people talk down about the larger hulls but have also seen where people have not had any problems with them. Just wonding if people had any first or second hand experience.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
My bro-in-law has an '02 or 3 236 CC with a 200 Opti. Best part of that boat is the motor.

It doesn't ride worth much on anything but glass, every latch, hinge, swivel or other piece of hardware has come off (not removed) at some point. Fit and finish is OK. My BIL says "yeah, but the hull has a lifetime warranty"....my comment on that is, is the boat really that bad that a selling point is a lifetime warranty on the hull?

We were riding out to horseshoe one day and a spreader light and a speaker fell of the T-Top and hit me in the head. Admittedly, he pilots that thing too fast sometimes but, if you don't want to get back to the hill soaking wet and 4 inches shorter...stay away from SeaFox.

A guy I used to work with had an old 25' Trophy (by Bayliner) with twin 175's and that thing was a world better handling any slop.

I heard that they changed hull designs or something and they are better now. That I don't know but it highly possible. If so, I do not know what year they did this. Just my 2nd hand experience

·
Registered
315 Posts
Had an 06. It was a good boat. I have always heard to stay away from 05 and older. They were owned by a different company and had problems with glass seperation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts