NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son was awarded today at school for getting the A/B honor roll for the year. He has been asking me for several weeks to take him pier fishing so I thought I would reward him this weekend with a pier fishing trip. (weather permitting) While topsail is within a couple of hours from me I might try and stay overnight. Does anyone know of any motels in the area that moderately priced ($75-$100) that are close to the pier? Any fishing tips would be greatly appreciated as well.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Seaview motel is located 20 feet from the pier! It's under the same management as the pier and is $100 per night.
Number is (910)-328-3172
I have not stayed there myself but it was just renovated and opened less than a year ago so it should be fairly new and clean.

The fishing is pretty good right now. If you are bottom fishing then you are going to want to fish just outside the breakers on low tide and then on high tide you want to fish the slough (blue line), on the west side of the pier, near the cleaning tables. The slough runs just about under the cleaning tables so i would set up just on the left of them (red dot) or if someone is set up there already and it's near the top of the tide on the right of them (yellow dot).
The image I used is an old image from google maps, but if you go there today then that blue line IS where the slough is. The green line is where you should fish on low tide, it will be quite a bit farther out on actual low tide (picture isn't of low tide).

image.jpg

If you are going to king fish then send me a message and I'll fill you in.

Congratulations to your son. He asked for a great reward too, I think you guys will enjoy fishing at seaview pier if you go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
congrats to your son, he will love fishing at that pier and like several others have said they have reopened the motel right next to the pier and its a nice clean decent place to stay. Hopefully I will see you guys there when you go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts