NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of speckle pinfish on the beach right now. Fished yesterday afternoon from 3-5 and caught 12 fish. Fished this afternoon from 3 to 6 and the fish were still plentiful. I just couldn't put them on the deck today. I put 2 fish on the deck out of 14 or 15:eek:. One of those days:(. A lot of the fish are running small, but there are some keepers, and some running up to 2-4lbs. But mostly little fish. An acquaintance fished the same time today, and took home 5 or 6 keepers. I just couldn't keep them on the hook.:eek:

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kicked off the new year fishing today at the pier. Fished from 10-2. Not much happening today but muddy water and high winds. Caught four specked pinfish:) but only one was a keeper, and he was a very small 13 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks for the report I had been wondering if there were any trout on the beach at Topsail. This makes it harder this weekend if I should go to Sutton Lake for bass or drive to Topsail for trout.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'm gonna have to find some time for me to go to the beach area and try out pier fishing. I'm wanting to just gotta find the time.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm gonna have to find some time for me to go to the beach area and try out pier fishing. I'm wanting to just gotta find the time.
If you are going for specks, it can be a little frustrating if you have never done it much before from the pier or surf. Leave the GULP! at home.:eek: They have been hitting plain jane solid dark green grubs the best. At least for me anyhow.:)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'm not picky. If I get the chance to go I'll ask what is there and that's what I'll go after.

Reactions: sundrop

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Coach anytime your ready to hit a pier let me know! I'll meet you there and share my extremely limited knowledge..LOL!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Maybe during spring break in march. That sound good?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sounds good to me as long as the wife ( a teacher/media coordinator ) doesn't have us going out of town!!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Hmmmm...maybe I should check with mine since she has vacation time coming up and knows when my break is.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hit the pier this afternoon. Rising tide, nothing to it:(. Had a few bumps, and had one six inch long trout on. Don't know how even got the hook in his mouth. Lots of bait on the beach today. You could probably hit some nice ones tomorrow on falling tide.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Be Like
Nike - Just Do It!!!! Lol!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.