NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flounder fished Seaview on the 4th. I got to the pier around 3:00pm, and fished to a little after dark. Caught seventeen flounder:) but only three made the cut:(. I had four or five more fish that were legal, but they were very poor. The biggest was
19 1/2 inches, and here was fat. I didn't weigh the fish but a fat one that length will usually go 3 1/2 pounds. The water was beautiful Wednesday. Another note on the pier. Over 75 kings have been caught this year. The biggest is 44lbs.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are going to change your name to Flounder King if you keep it up! Good post! I liked the part about releasing legal flounder. You don't see that often enough.
They were legal length wise, just not fat and wide. They will be 2pound fish when I catch them in the fall. Oh, and in my Bio, I list myself as #1 flounda pounda:D

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One afternoon last week I fished over there with live shrimp for a couple hours. Only caught four flounder, but they were all big and fat. You never know what size fish are going to be around on any day. I wanted to hit it some more tomorrow, but the weatherman is calling for a southwest wind.:( Makes for very ugly flounder fishing water on the beach unless it is 5-10. If it is blowing southeast, you are going to kill them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.