NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this report starts the evenin afore.. i worked from 3pm till 5 am -it was a LONG night
-came home showered and grab the boat headed for the lake. as i approached said body of water i notice my old friend "uncle waxy" was ahead of me.i launched at 6:30 am.water temp was 82 and it was CLEAR -there is a suprise-i did not see uncle waxy as i sat down in the first spot. -he was within view- i started working a ledge off a point using a luck craft cb d-12. i picked off a dink -my first ever on this lake-i switched to a poes 400 was working the rock line at the other side the creek mouth when i hung up a nice bass in 14 feet of water. after quite a tussle i finally lipped her. i seen uncle waxy near by and whooed at him.i showed him at least it was not a dink. his response was "it's about time"
i carfully worked that rock line with a jig and carolina rig.. but seeing i was running on about 90% red bull at that time slow was not good.. i eased out to the main channel to speak with uncle waxy but he was ingoring me so i ran up stream to a creek working the d-12 and 400 catching 2 bass off the bank in 10 feet of water with the poes.. in the back of that creek i caught 4 more on a frog.slidding it under the overhanging trees..

i ran back to the area uncle waxy was at but he was gone. i pulled up an dug out the 30 year old poes 1200 i have been saving for this lake. and caught 3 more off the main creek channel 25+ feet down. well it got to 10 am my redbull buzz was fading fast..i knew it was time to haul azz.. i was happy with 11 bass big one 6.8 pounds -of course i weighed him..

and yes all i will say is this lake is in the piedmont region..

zooker

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
i was happy with 11 bass big one 6.8 pounds -of course i weighed him..
Sounds like a great morning!

... and yes all i will say is this lake is in the piedmont region...
aw, c'mon! Can't just let a good secret lie. There's only about a dozen well known lakes within a reasonable drive of you, who knows how many lesser-knowns... This one has some depth, so its probably not a puddle. How about some hints:
- public or private?
- rural or municipal?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I googled "Secret Lake NC" and only came up with about 2,070,000 hits. We'll have ya narrowed down in no time flat! :D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.