NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nat's Dad called me Wednesday and wanted to hit a spot we hadn't been to since last year. I was up for it as I have fished above it and below it this year but hadnt had time to go here.

Friday afternoon was the day. ND was mainly throwing a Spro swimbait and his avg size bass was a tad heavier than mine. I threw a pearl fluke and a buzzer and got 0 fish. Put on my trusty sebile swimbait and got a few decent fish but nothing to brag about. Finally decided on a Cordell spot and a white spinnerbait and my avg size picked up along with a 5 lb ~ fish to top my day off. We didn't catch huge numbers but both of up probably had 15 bass each along with all the Redbreast we wanted, 1 crappie, and the only white perch i have caugth this far upstream.

Wildlife seen was lots of Geese, Woodducks, Great Blue Herons, Little green Herons, White Egrets , lots of Osprey's, and 2 big Bald Eagles which we got to see one snag a fish out of the river. I will post some of Steves Better bass 2 ~4 lbers that are on video. A good day on the water.

Water Mammal Fisherman Fish Bank
Water Fisherman Fish Watercourse Sky
Water Fisherman Shorts Fish Recreation

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those photos are more revealing than anything Mack posts.

Nice work fellas.
Trying to share the wealth...........if anyone knows that dam then they fish it already, ND, FW and myself will be there bright and early Saturday fishing there for the tournament.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
y'all must have hauled them bass in from Harris or Jordan ... ain't nuthin but sick brim and some anemic bullheads in that hole
The Flatheads there have eaten all the bullheads;)

·
Registered
704 Posts
He does Luv that swimbait Jim. I guess I would too if I caught what he does off of it. Going to pick me up one at Bass Pro soon:D
Too bad I'm not up in Richmond this week. A couple of years ago I found them on sale at Greentop and called him. I was able to get him two or three for less than $10.00 each, and dropped them off on his porch. Bet you won't get them for that price (or the free home delivery service). I've been to Greentop a few times since, and I haven't found any sales like that since they moved into the old Gander Mountain store. Still a neat place to shop.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
See Mack Jim is a friend and a gentlemen and tries his best to help a brother out in need when he's not catching five pound smallies on "business trips" . That's why you struggle to catch stuff.................bad karma..................if you would buy a river jet with some of those zillions you got gathering dust under the mattress and take me and Jeff and Jim fishing in it I'm positive one, if not not all all of us, would feel sorry for you and show you how to catch RIVER MONSTERS. Don't expect gratitude though.................cause scouting all these holes is not easy at dark thirty for us in the morning while you are golfing.

To be fair fellas..................you would not believe the ride that five pounder took Mack on through the rapids. He handled it like a true rivermaster. One of my best wax on, wax off grasshopper moments if there ever was one! Mine got my clippers hung around my neck caught up in my star drag ( total rookie move) and I should have lost him 'cept Mack was Johnny on the Spot and we got the rascal. :cool:

And of course he failed to mention the Class V lightening storm he got us caught out in...................AGAIN................:eek:.......................which of course a nice jet jon would have had us home snug and dry before a 1/2 million volts ran through that K-mart special rod Mack was using.

Note to self: Check if life insurance covers me when I'm just plain stupid and look for "fishing with Mack disclaimer pit bulls, security guards, dam under tow, snakes, shady launch site, tornado, duct tapped hull etc...." fine print.

·
Registered
704 Posts
See Mack Jim is a friend and a gentlemen and tries his best to help a brother out in need when he's not catching five pound smallies on "business trips" .

Only once did I catch a five pound smallie (in the evening, after work, on a business trip). One of only two in that size class in my life. No smallies over 14 inches since, if I remember correctly.

I checked out the current price on those swimbaits at BPS. If Mack gets more than one, that'll pretty much blow that jet boat budget.

Jim

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That storm probably had me more nervous than I have ever been on the water. Terrible lighting. and we were several miles from the ramp with just a trolling motor. The car and ramp was a most welcome sight.

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.