NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post a picture or two of some productive shad patterns you have fished successfully? i want to catch some of these guys in a few weeks. Ive been tying a few ideas, but they might be too wild for a shad to eat.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Weighted flies that get down and bright colors are the key. The conventional wisdom is that these fish aren't feeding as they enter the rivers and it isn't truly known why they strike. However, I would offer flies that you pictured. Small bright colored clousers are another great choice. We are planning to Ty a couple of patterns for shad in next week's fly tying forum.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Great looking shad flies Daniel, but if you haven't already done so, you may want to add some weight tho them. I need to add more weight to some of mine also.

Scott your shad flies always look very good.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Great looking shad flies Daniel, but if you haven't already done so, you may want to add some weight tho them. I need to add more weight to some of mine also.

Scott your shad flies always look very good.

A search on shad flies on this site will get you lots of info and pictures.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have tungston eyes and one layer of lead wire that matches the diameter of the hook shank...tapering to two layers toward the head.

I would try them out this weekend but of course mother nature loves to show her ugly face here recently for some reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.