NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
A dart with a red head and white tail is the trick for weeding some big fat white shad out of the hickories, in my experience. Red jig head with a white curly tail works too. I don't know what it is about that color combo, but the vast majority of the whites I've ever caught hit it. I always have it tied on the upper end of my tandem rig. Then I will swap up the bottom lure with spoons or curly tails in other colors depending on what the hickories want.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
The 2 Jigs on the right(white and chartreuse w/ pink heads) are about all i use now. Rarely have I seen darts and other lures outfish these by people near me(twice) and they are .40 cents apiece ....It gets expensive when you lose a lot of spoons and darts.

Green Leaf Wood Botany Natural material

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I've seen plenty of days when the flash of a gold or silver spoon was all they wanted.
never seen it but twice ......if you work them jigs right and at the proper depth they will do most of the time. the way I use my rig I would lose 100 bucks a day in spoons.

Reactions: RouseD
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.