NC Angler Forums banner

Shad this afternoon.

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  NCPIERMAN 
#1 ·
Paddled to a little Neuse Creek this evening and caught 6 hickory shad in the light rain. All but one hit a chartreuse grub. Not the clear chartreuse but the solid chartreuse. Had the creek to myself. :)

#4 ·
As noted in your welcome email, posts by new members are automatically placed into moderation and PM's don't work until after 4-5 approved posts. We do this to fight SPAM registrations. So post a few more times and when they are approved by and Admin or moderator then your account will change from "Newbie" to "Angler Member" and PM's will then work. Welcome aboard.

#12 ·
Chasing shad.. such an unpredictable species. Depending on water temps, current flow, and water clarity.. they may be in the creeks or on the edge of the main current. Hickories will prefer one rate of flow while americans another.. They all will find eddies to rest from the current however. I generally cast up and across the current, let it sink a sec and begin retrieving when my lines perpendicular to me. Anchoring in the main current might be tough (and dangerous during high flow).

The point.. You have to judge the day and you may have to search several areas before you find them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.