NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heard of any shad being caught? The board has gotten pretty quiet. I went down to the town commons in Greenville yesterday afternoon and only saw a couple of people fishing and they said they had little luck. I have to work Mon. - Sat. and church on sunday leaves me little time to fish. I guess you could call me an internet fisher!:D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
They have been doing well right in town in Windsor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fished the Tar river around greenville and back towards washington little more than a week ago and caught 8 with one that had to be over 2.5lbs but went again the other day and got skunked, I think all the rain and freshwater pushed um downriver.

·
Registered
450 Posts
As mentioned about Kinston / Goldsboro area.. they area actually doing good up this way. Just north of Kinston. However with the crazy weather patterns lately.. its really hit and miss.. there will be a good day or two and then a few bad ones.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Nothing happening around Washington today!!! I was one cat from being SKUNKED!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Reports from a few guys I've met that have been fishing Weldon are that the hickory shad were big and hitting well up there last week and they expect the American shad to run soon

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Scott, I was at the river on wednesday afternoon, just watching. It was very slow, but I did see 3 shad caught. While I was there, I was thing that a fly rod may be a good way to fish. I've mainly used a flyrod to do some perch jerking with a mono leader and split shot with a cricket, but a crappie jig may work OK.
Just had my second carpal tunnel surgery yesterday. Very difficult to type at the present. Tell me if you did use that flyrod, and how you did.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
hang in there Dennis!!! May will be some fine fishing time to get those wrist limbered back up!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.