NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a nice evening. The wind was up a little but calmed out before dark.

I managed to pull in a handfull of white perch, a couple of bass(one was 2lbs) and a catfish. Silly cat hit a jointed crank bait as did the big bass.

An enjoyable evening.

mikeski

·
Registered
27 Posts
Couldn't really ask for a better evening in August, and a couple of fish on top of that. thanks for the report, and for your service.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went again today. I must have a sickness. I travel for work bunch and it's nice to be home for a handful of weeks.

It was jetski day out there. 8 or 10 of them. They were all over the lake with them things. Luckily I went where they had been.

The first spot I had a couple small taps and moved do to lack of interest. The other spot was not much better. I did hit a nice bass on the head with a lizard though. Must have taken it on the fall.

It's hard to get good pick when your holding the thing out as far as you can to fit it in the shot. But here ya go.

mikeski

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Not a half bad photo! Thanks for the update, glad you got a nice fish :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
wow ... you got the luck
never got much out of there - but I am boatless for now

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was out again yesterday.

I happened to be where a school was abusing a cloud of minnows. I pulled a 1.9lb out of that. And then they were gone.

I managed a few white perch also. Just a few small ones.

I have been fishing ledges, channels, and their edges.

With me paddling everywhere I have seen many pods of minnows about. At the surface and below. Like a cloud on the sonar.

I am also finding that the depth map on my Navionics + map is off. I turned on track last night and will upload the track data today and see what I get from that. One spot shows a hole when I see a hump.

Boatless is always tough Puddle. I fished from one of these for a couple years when I could. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/4611236240.html. Still have it as the kayak is new this month. It paddles well with a kayak paddle. And it would get you back on the lake. ;-)

mikeski

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Those clouds of bait drive me crazy sometimes. Was there a couple of weeks back and the water was rippling everywhere, but I couldn't buy a bite except from the panfish. Harris has often been feast or famine for me, but the good days can be really good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was out again yesterday.

I happened to be where a school was abusing a cloud of minnows. I pulled a 1.9lb out of that. And then they were gone.

I managed a few white perch also. Just a few small ones.

I have been fishing ledges, channels, and their edges.

With me paddling everywhere I have seen many pods of minnows about. At the surface and below. Like a cloud on the sonar.

I am also finding that the depth map on my Navionics + map is off. I turned on track last night and will upload the track data today and see what I get from that. One spot shows a hole when I see a hump.

Boatless is always tough Puddle. I fished from one of these for a couple years when I could. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/4611236240.html. Still have it as the kayak is new this month. It paddles well with a kayak paddle. And it would get you back on the lake. ;-)

mikeski
not in my near budget ... hoping to get a skiff next year for the coast
got to get the car in my avatar done a bit more this year
and need to buy a neat car for the boy for his birthday in a couple weeks (5th car in a 2-car driveway :eek:)
and need to replace the AC on our camper over near Carolina Beach

·
Registered
27 Posts
not in my near budget ... hoping to get a skiff next year for the coast
got to get the car in my avatar done a bit more this year
Is that an old Impala? My first ride was '68 Impala SS Convertible. It's still sitting in my brother's barn in NH.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It ran when I parked it - in 1989. A couple cool things about that car - the 2 speed powerglide transmission (0 - 60 in first gear) and the factory A/C that was rare in a convertible from that year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts