NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing out of Hollemans ramp on Harris. On the way in I go over the bridge where you can see the lake and then another portion beyond the road. I have seen people fishing the road bed on both sides of the road but not many boats beyond the road.

How's the fishing beyond the power lines?

mikeski

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Nothing back there...:). It can be pretty good up there. There are some defined creek channels, a bunch of primrose and pads and some offshore stumps and such. The further back you go, the shallower it gets.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
If you can restrict to daytime hours (that start at 8 or 9) you can use the county park canoe ramp. I can carry my light boat over a rise next to the bridge to launch there, but a Big Rig would be a hardship. I don't yak fish that upper part much because if you decide they aren't shallow you are a long paddle from where it is deep. But when I have fished with others in power boats, we have gotten some good fish in there when they are shallow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.