NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know whether or not anyone fishes the Shallotte River. I have yet to see any reports come from that area.
I was considering launching at OIFC next week and heading that way.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Drift for flounder in Shallotte River and in the inlet. Careful of the sandbar in the mouth of the river at the ICW. Has grown considerably.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Shallotte is well known for big flounder.......

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a place worth visiting. Thanks for the feedback

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drift for flounder in Shallotte River and in the inlet. Careful of the sandbar in the mouth of the river at the ICW. Has grown considerably.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk
Any problems for a Skiff?

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From the looks of things it appears that launching from the Brick Landing boat ramp is the best way to get there

·
Registered
5 Posts
We stay at Ocean Isle and put in at the wildlife ramp there at the fishing center then dock the boat at the house for the time we are there. You will be fine with the sandbar just look for it at low tide. Drifting, get close to it. You can also drift the Shallote Inlet as mentioned earlier. If you feel comfortable with it, you can run the whole river and catch some good fish in the creeks along the way. PM me and I will be able to give you better information for the week after being there a few days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts