1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I had the family at North Topsail Beach Friday and Saturday and to be honest with you the conditions were ripe. Incomming tide had a filthy trough with little to no visibility. I can only imagine that a critter that smells better than it sees would prefer those hunting conditions.

Gene - Red > < - Asheboro

·
Registered
108 Posts
Schools just let out, we all know there are sharks out there and they come in pretty close. If you took a aerial photo of any beach along the crystal coast you would prob see sharks pretty close to swimmers. This weekend there was ALOT more swimmers in the water due to summer vacations starting. Sometimes lightning strikes twice, i've heard a lot of reports that the water was dirty that just ups the risk.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If I go to the zoo and jump into an enclosure then get tore up then it's my fault. Almost the same concept. Just a different setting.
I smell what your stepping in. I feel in the zoo, you just put animal on the defensive in an enclosed area, bad on you. At the beach, in the water you are not the apex predator anymore and different rules apply. Odds are in your favor nothing will happen but most times I don't think the person was at fault (ie chumming the water,etc).

Prayers out to the kids and their families.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Bull sharks frequent fresh water from what i understand. Have been spotted over a thousand miles up the Mississippi River. Movie Jaws was based on bull shark attack inland in New Jersey way back in the day.....love this site. First time posting. Wont be the last. Hate it for those kids, lives forever changed by a family vacation to the beach.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.