NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks new to this site also new to ocean fishing it has been a life long dream to catch shark with the idea of 100% release i have a 34 sea ray
out of carolina beach i would appreciate any advice from folks who know what they are doing from tackle to bait to fight to release
thanks fjekle

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party!!

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE.
IM NOT AN OCEAN GOER PER SAY BUT BIG REELS AND HEAVY LINE ARE KEYS I GUESS UNLESS YOU WANNA CHASE ONE DOWN 12 OTT PENNS FOR REALLY BIG SHARKS I HAVE HOOKED MANY FROM PIERS WITH 6\0 PENNS AND HAVE LANDED SOME CLOSE TO THE 100 POUND MARK.
CHUM LINES OR SLICKS WORK REALLY GOOD FOR SHARK FISHING LOTS OF FRESH BLOOD IN THE WATERS AND CHUNKS OF MEAT WILL ATTRACT THEM TO YOU AROUND REEFS,ITS NOT ALL THAT HARD TO DO THEY ARE PREDITORS FEED THEM AND THEY WILL COME!!!
GOOD LUCK I WISH YOU THE BEST AND IF YA EVER NEED A SECOND ID BE WILLING TO GO ALONG AND HELP ANY WAY I CAN.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 I agree with the heavy tackle and the chum lines. Always good to have plenty of chum and cut bait, got to have a grease slick so to speak out and the sharks will follow to your back door.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.