NC Angler Forums banner

Sharking Memorial day weekend?

4K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Drum Runner 
Just curious, and had to ask... For those that shark fish on public beaches. Is it not strange or odd to purposely attract sharks to an area where swimmers are currently swimming? I realize the sharks come through on their own following bait, but to chum an area or fish large chunks some kind of fish/meat as bait just seems to draw them to where someone is swimming. In light of public opinion, could this not be counter productive?

I didn't meant to kick an ant pile here! Sorry folks, I was just asking an honest question bout public perception. As a trapper, public perception is always at the forefront of my mind. As for getting a Tiger shark. The Aeolus is flat covered in them. Have at it.

AMG

Thank you for the repsonse, I didn't realize you guys were fishing in excess of a quarter mile out. I was under the false impression you were within 150 yards max of the sand. Thank you for the education.. clears the water a bit so to speak!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.