NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about trying sharon harris out Friday. Its been many years since I have been there and I am just wondering what areas I should be concentrating on and what kind of lures work best this time of year. I have been seeing a few threads about harris lake and just wonderig what you guys are catching the bass on. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Good Luck Martin and let us know what you find.

I haven't been out to Harris yet this year. Not sure I've seen a bass report from there yet this year. Its a couple weeks early for the major shallow spawning, so I'd be looking for pre-spawn fish cruising the staging areas in 5-10' of water, or drop offs that go from the 5-10' range into deeper water. If you can find the weed edges in that 5-10' depth, or ditches and channels that can act as funnels I'd focus there. For moving baits I'd go with deep or lipless crankbaits that just tick the emergent/rotten weeds or slow rolled spinners. Otherwise worms or jigs around the bottom would be my choices.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Sheron Harris should be a bass magnet right now. don't let this weather fool ya, the bass are moving up on points and feeding for the spawn. I would not be suprised it some didn't do it on the next full moon. Tomorrow is to be about 80 degrees. This will bring them out in force and warm the back shallow spawnig flats.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
There are tourneyments on SH just about everyweekend starting right about this time of year. It is a great lake to fish. All different types of techniques are catching fish.

Years back a tourneyment was won by a husband/wife team with a 10 fish limit that had an astonishing 77 pounds. (I believe thats right ) That equates to 7 pounds a fish.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
The best days to fish starting now is in the middle of the week. The weekends have tourneyments.

Talked to a buddy of mine today, he fished the Danny Joe Humphrey Bojangles Pro Am tourneyment last weekend.

BIG BASS WAS A WHOPPING 12 POUNDS and a few ounces. Fish was released alive back into the lake. :cool:

He said there were multiple 6-7-8 pounders, said 1 boy had about 30 pounds with 4 fish. Thats somewhere about 7 pounds each, now thats a great catch.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Good deal jab.........couldn't rememeber all the exact details, thanks

Definately a great day for that fellow, can't wait to see the pics somewhere. Understand Danny Joe took right many, went to his website and didn't see any.????/

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.