NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...After such a good trip on Monday...A buddy of mine and I decided to try again on Wednesday...went to the exact same spot...nothing...moved at least 6 times...without much luck...needles to say I was getting P.O.ed...
We used the tall weeds to hold us in place and tried again...33 fish later ranging from 2 to 7lbs...we were both smiling...My buddy was smiling a little more...probably because he is on a plane Saturday to Alaska to hunt bear and fish for King Salmon....lucky dog. :)
P.s. All except 3 or 4 were Channel cats... all caught on fresh shrimp and all released.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 mud and 2 yellow....but I can't overemphasize...how good a Channel cat fishery Sharon Harris lake is...Top notch...

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
There are some big flatheads in the lake as well. I have had some pretty awesome experiences with catfish outta there.

Nothing tops buzzbait channels though!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah....now that I found out...U can stay out late on Sharon Harris ( unlike most N.C. lakes)...I will be targeting Flatheads.

Reactions: Brenardo

·
Registered
762 Posts
I gave it a shot last night with my son. We didn't get into like you did but we had a good time catching a few. Looks like you found the spot of spots.

Attachments

Reactions: catmaster

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
U gotta keep moving...If u bring in grass on your line move...fish the points with current...keep trying u will get them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts