NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at crosspoint ramp this morning at about 8 AM in a MOKEN 12.5. Paddled to the left and fished the in and around the grasses in the coves. Threw a lipless crankbait on the edges of the grassfields and caught two small (<14 inches) in the first half hour. Kept doing that and caught a nice 16 inch 2 pound bass deep in a cove. The very next cast I got a huge hit and the fish took off for deeper water. After negotiating the fish to the boat, I quickly realized this was the biggest fish I had ever caught. The fish wasn't very long but really fat, measuring at 5.5 pounds, my new personal best. I continued to work the coves with a lipless and caught 2 more small ones before 10. After 10, everything shutdown and didn't catch anything on any other lures baits. The water is starting to cool off, I measured it at 77.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
That looks like a High Point City Lake bass... shaped like a football! Nice job, a PB is always awesome. Congrats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.