NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went out on Saturday and wanted to share some pics of the drop in places I use for Shearon Harris besides the two ramps. I went out early Saturday morning to drop in at the Hollerman bridge and it was so dark I couldn’t really see how low the water was not to mention how far I would have to drag the yak in the mud. With that in mind, I left and went to the bridge at Cass Holt Road. Pictures will show what happened there. There’s a big hole at the drop in point but once you get passed that either a tree fell across the creek or the water is so low the tree has emerged to block the passing. I was determined to go fishing so I climbed over the tree to get passed it. The photos are of me coming back, it’s just before the bridge.

Hope this helps you fellow yakers out.

John

Cass Holt Road Bridge

Plant Green Watercourse Water Boat
Plant Water Water resources Plant community Natural landscape
Water Water resources Plant Plant community Watercraft
Water Plant Plant community Fluvial landforms of streams Natural environment
Water Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Vertebrate Mammal Boat
Water Leaf Branch Wood Natural landscape
Water Plant Plant community Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams
Water Boat Plant Watercraft Plant community
Water Nature Natural environment Fluvial landforms of streams Plant

Hollerman Bridge - normally the water comes all the way up and over the tree roots. This was pictures on my way home.

Water Plant Natural landscape Wood Sky
Water Plant Water resources Natural landscape Watercourse
Sky Water Cloud Plant Natural landscape

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I do too, all the time never leave home without it. Oh I also left out the drop in for Robeson Creek Canoe Ramp. I was there 2 weeks ago, for the first time, and caught a striper on top. I was fishing for bass and didn't know there striper in that part of Jordan lake. Pretty cool way to launch a yak.

Water Liquid Wood Lake Cloud
Fish Fish products Seafood Ray-finned fish Staple food
Water Sky Striper bass Fisherman Gesture
Plant Plant community Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Tree
Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Plant
Plant Wood Road surface Fence Shade
Water Plant Wood Tree Lake

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Thanks for the info, I do too, all the time never leave home without it. Oh I also left out the drop in for Robeson Creek Canoe Ramp. I was there 2 weeks ago, for the first time, and caught a striper on top. I was fishing for bass and didn't know there striper in that part of Jordan lake. Pretty cool way to launch a yak.

View attachment 73418 View attachment 73419 View attachment 73420 View attachment 73421 View attachment 73422 View attachment 73423 View attachment 73424
That yak/small canoe ramp with rails is the WORST thing I have ever seen nc wildlife or the state park partake in. if you have a 12 ' boat you are ok but it is terrible with a 2 man canoe. almost impossible and a struggle. i go around the fenced off old put in cause it is so bad for a larger boat. when you go down that incline a longer boat is almost impossible to make that 90 degree turn unless you lift if back over you head. I hope the next huge flood takes it away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
... Also, cass holt is the type of place where I take my concealed life preserver if you catch my drift. It can be a shady place at times so be aware of your surroundings.

- James -
Really? I've never put in there, but was planning to do so. I live 10min from there... Have there been any recent instances? Just trying to decide if it's worth it (I do not have CC).

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I went to Cass Holt road and did not feel it was any kinda funky. There was a guy fishing from the bridge. There's plenty of parking. We I went some weeks back we had at least 6 vehicles and yaks.

That tree across the creek was a new addition though. It looks passable as was shown.

I can't say we did bad at that end. But I do better in other places on the lake.

mike

·
Registered
205 Posts
I went on a Friday afternoon and there was a group of 18-19 year olds sitting on the roof of a beater car smoking pot and about six rubbers tossed out by the launch area. Nothing too terrible but enough to make me cautious.

- James -

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Ha, sounds like me 35 years ago. Just looking for a quiet place to hang out and party or sex. At that age doing it in the car is ok. The wife ain't into that today though. We have a house, a bed, ......

Now, the used protection is a good sign that they are using BC. But I don't need to know for sure by finding their used BC on the trail. But 35 years ago.... that was not a problem cuz back then it was.... what's a rubber??? hahahahah.

Were they smoking good stuff or rag weed??? hahahahahaha.

I can't see that they would do much to anyone attempting to fish or put in there. They don't want to chance having someone complain and get the man cruising through there.

mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far the only problem I have had out there is that tree that fell over. I was able to get under(kayak) and over(me) it. I did have to lift my crate over it too since the PVC sit a little tall. It was bit of a stretch for me but, if you travel light then there's no issue getting your yak under it. Is there anyone we can call to have the tree removed, wildlife services?

I carry all the time. With the state of the world today, I believe it's better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. Just like a condom! Glad I was not the only one who saw them on the way down.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I went to Cass Holt road and did not feel it was any kinda funky. There was a guy fishing from the bridge. There's plenty of parking. We I went some weeks back we had at least 6 vehicles and yaks.

That tree across the creek was a new addition though. It looks passable as was shown.

I can't say we did bad at that end. But I do better in other places on the lake.

mike
I can say we did bad. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
That yak/small canoe ramp with rails is the WORST thing I have ever seen nc wildlife or the state park partake in. if you have a 12 ' boat you are ok but it is terrible with a 2 man canoe. almost impossible and a struggle. i go around the fenced off old put in cause it is so bad for a larger boat. when you go down that incline a longer boat is almost impossible to make that 90 degree turn unless you lift if back over you head. I hope the next huge flood takes it away.
I put in on river that had one, took one look and decided down the bank was better that the rail. Up hill is definitely out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.