NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this question before in one of my threads but I was wondering if anyone has put into the Cary Branch of Harris by dropping in from this bridge on Cass Holt Rd? This would cut down on paddling time instead of putting in at Crosspointe paddling all that way to get to this part of the lake or Hollerman's and paddling all the way around. I'd like to spend more time fishing and less time paddling. Any information regarding parking and vehicle security. I have a cartop carrier and typically leave nothing expensive in the car.
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.5908627,-78.9147017,407m/data=!3m1!1e3

I already drop in at the Randleman Bridge to fish the lily pads instead of putting in at Hollerman's, I was just hoping fellow kayakers had some info. Thanks in advance.

John

Ecoregion Map Nature Black Natural environment
Ecoregion Map Green Natural environment Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd like to know about this as well. I have fished this a lot on a big boat, and would love to get there on a kayak. Do you drive the cooper?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's right. Well, I heard this drop in site from a friend but I wanted to see if any other yakers that have been there before I try it out. Have you been out since the last time? It's been too hot!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I was up that branch of the lake for the first time last weekend. I was thinking I could tow a few yaks and ferry the owners up there. Then we could paddle about and fish. Then tow them back.

It was interesting back there. I would like to explore it more.

mikeski

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have fished back there on my friend's bass boat and I really would like to get back there early in the mornings but from Crosspointe my arms would be like noodles. Not to mention paddling all the way back to ramp with my luck it would be against a 15 mile/hr wind too. If the weather stays stable, I'll try it out during the week with less boat traffic.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Never had a problem leaving my truck. There are several spots to park on the sides of the road. When crappie are biting there people fishing on the old railroad bed. I have backed a trailer down the old rail bed and launched a boat. That was years ago before it grew up with bushes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm pretty new to the whole kayak fishing scene at Harris Lake and was wondering about best places to put in besides the boat ramps. Where do you put in along the Randleman bridge? I walked around the north side and only saw a long portage down a hill to the water. The south side looks like a really long portage along the dirt path.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.