NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well spent the day trying to learn the lake. Water temp was 54.5 degrees and the upper end of the lake was extremely muddy. Also, I was told that the water level is about three feet higher than normal. There were a few folks catching Crappie by tightlining minnows in deep pockets on the southern end of Harris. I dragged minnows 25' deep in 30' of water and had two hits all day. I thought I had hung a tree when I realized it was actually swimming. Pickeral can be exciting on 4lb test and they wreck Crappie jigs.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
COOL! You did better than I did last time I was at Harris... (or the last time I was at Jordan, or Falls, or Hatteras, or Topsail, or Ft. Fisher....) Any sticks out there? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lefty-Folks have stocked Harris with plenty of Trophy Christmas Trees. You may want to consider heavier tackle and maybe a bigger boat for that particular outing. I was by Jordan the other day and there was plenty of meduim size lumber available. I understand that they'll take shallow running crankbaits this time of year.:D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I think I've got a floating Rapala that'll do the trick as long as I retrieve slowly enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.