NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video was shot very recently. Fishing heavy structure with a mixture of mud crabs and jumbo fiddler crabs. Nice mixed bag for a two hour trip! Accidentally shot all the footage in narrow field of view so sorry if it seems like it's zoomed in a bit too far!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love sheepshead fishing. First thing I said was that was a big black drum that broke you off. Nice video, thank you.
Now that I'm getting better at catching them it has quickly become my new obsession. I think I recall you telling me about a 12 pounder that you got in that spot many years ago actually. That's what I was hoping it was. I've just barely broken the 9lb mark and am chasing that double digit fish hard. They're smart fish though. Have hours of video of them inspecting baits and am yet to get any that aren't babies to eat for the camera. They're also super aware of any changes in their environment. Like when I use a camera rig that isn't really low profile and disguised the big ones immediately notice and give it a wide berth. What's your take on scraping to chum them? Seems to me like I'm always chumming a random spot about 100ft or more down current. I tried scraping into a mesh cage and then dropping it but didn't seem to make a huge difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts