NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to go out either day, put in @Shell Rock Landing in Hubert in the morning (7-7:30) and fish the surrounding creeks. If anybody can/wants to go, Im free both days so ill base it off when you wanna/can go. There is a really nice school of Reds around there so it should be a good time. Or if anyone is Saavy with hot spots for trout in the Topsail area, Im down to give that a whirl as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As far as Freemans goes, I talked to a guy that said he fished it last week and they were getting enough reds that he got tired of it and was going off in search of specks. (as if it's possible to get tired of reds) I will most likely head that way Saturday morning. I did see a huge school of reds back in the skinny across from shell rock last weekend but they were not in a biting mood. Very skittish but about 200-300 in about 2 feet of water. I fished MR8 and soft plastics by backwater candy and had no luck in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure about freeman creek, I know that once I got back in the skinny stuff last week near shell rock its very protected back there atleast the part I was fishing. regardless I'm always up for just heading out and doing some exploring. Usually lucky to get out one day a week so I am kind of stuck with the weather I get for that day. Unless its lightning really bad I'll be out there. If anyone would like to join up just let me know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.