NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Where were you fishing? Texas pond? I'm going to be in Spring Lake at Mom's house on Sunday and would like to maybe put a line in somewhere while I'm there.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
? about bragg lakes

Where else is there good fishing out there? I see so many lakes and not sure which one to start with. Texas lake and simmons lake are the two closest to me. Considering on trying them out with my brand new Ft. Bragg license.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've fished Simmons Lake with a little sucess, but I haven't tried Texas Lake. I've caught some nice Bluegill and Bass at Deer Pen Lake and Quail Lake in the NTA. I'll probably do a little catfishing at Andrews Chuch Lake when I get home.

Tom

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Andrews Church

Is that lake near the little elementary school out there? I couldn't find it on Google earth, but that's where the road is.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I remember correctly if you turm off from Murchinson Road by the Elementry School that road will take you over to Andrews Church Lake. I think that is McCloskey Road.
They should have given you a Topo map bragg with the regulations when you bought your Fort Bragg license. McKellar's Pond is managed pretty well for Catfish as well.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
going to bragg today

Actually I'm going to McKeller's Lodge today to buy my license. So I should get that info today. Was just trying to plan a fishing trip for Friday after work when I get to leave a bit early.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.