NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It used to be .. prior to 911 .. that fishing was allowed in the cooling ponds of the nuc plant. Since then the NRC has expanded the exclusion zone and this area is no longer accessible. It's a real shame because it's a virtually unfished area (I've met less then a dozen fisherman and I'd be there 7 days a week), and the natural surrondings other then the plant are gorgous.

In any case one night I'm surface fishing .. my lure is on retrieve about 2ft from the boat when a 2-3' wall of water appears and I'm left holding a broken rod. It all happened in the period of a sec .. don't know what it was .. don't know if I want to know what it was ... scared the heck out of me and cost me $$$$ ..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is that the employee pond? I've heard good stories about that pond. I knew a guy that worked there and would rub it in anyway he could. Now I know a security guy but he's not budging on getting me in there, joking I would never try.

Sorry about the equip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.