NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I saw that show on I believe it was the water channel before they started doing only 3 hours of shows aday. Was becoming one of my fave channels until then. It's a shame. Or maybe it was something like this. I seem to remember a cute blonde in the show i saw. Same type of fishing.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I saw that show on I believe it was the water channel before they started doing only 3 hours of shows aday. Was becoming one of my fave channels until then. It's a shame. Or maybe it was something like this. I seem to remember a cute blonde in the show i saw. Same type of fishing.
Oh yeah! I saw that. The same lil hottie that goes spearfishing in another episode.
Those carp knock fishermen out of the boat sometimes !! Some kind of foreign species that has flourished here.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey Backlash, that was wild. Looks like you could get a little batting practice in on those flying fish. I saw a show where a bunch of guys were in LA using the same shooting tactics for reds. They were on air boats back in the marsh guts and shooting the reds as they boiled in the water. Crazy type of fishing.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I believe that the show I watched was on the OLN and they stopped when they found a school of reds to do their shooting. The driving part of your video was wild. Fish jumping in the boat and all. A fisherman's dream. No casting required, no bait, and no rigs to deal with, a "backlash." LOL

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently- These are Silver Asain Carp that were being raised in Aquaculture for food. They have escaped from their containment ponds into the Illinois River and are reproducing at a remarkable rate. They can grow to somewhere between 80 to 100 pounds. I don't think that I would want to heading down the river at 30 mph and catch one of those upside the head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.