NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weekends ago MNBassman86 and I got out on the water with a couple reps from Biovex Bait company. They both live in central Florida and were passing through central NC on the way to vacation near Hatteras. When they told us they wanted to go, we went into full planning mode. Our goal was to give them something a little outside the box of what they typically do. We opted for a flow we had only fished once before, but it was close to where they were staying in Raleigh and was fairly short, so we could be off the water early. We met Christina and Troy and launched their Hobies and my Malibus. I knew the rains we had the day before would impact the flow, but I had no idea how much. Although not super dirty, the water was about 3-3.5 feet higher than normal, which on this fairly small flow made a HUGE difference. We decided to give it a try anyway since it wasn't quite chocolate milk. The bite was tough, but we caught a mix of bass, catfish, and bowfin. Bill caught a nice bass early on a stickworm that pulled 6 lbs on Troy's bogas. Christina later got a 6 lber of her own that inhaled a Biovex lipless crank along a grassy current seam - the pic does it no justice. I played guide and brought up the rear much of the day, but I managed a 4.5 lber toward the end of the day on a Biovex Amp Medium crankbait right along a rocky point. Our best 5 for the day went around 20.5 lbs, which given the conditions, I was pretty happy about. I also got to run some fun rapids, which made my day. Bill and I have been blessed with great fishing in high water conditions this summer on 7 or 8 different flows. Hopefully, the fall is just as wet! Check out the full report at Man Powered Fishing. Tight lines!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude that was awesome especially the look on that girl's face!

That rapid looks like a wild ride.
The rapids were super fun that day. And Christina is hamming it up a little bit. She is a very talented angler, although I don't know if she expected that fish from such a small flow.

Abert43 - we have been utterly blessed this year with both quantity and quality of fish. Hope it continues!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.