NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure of fishing with Wellcraft Dave today. Unfortunately old man winter blew 20 degree air last night and left frost on the ground and slush ice on the creeks. We did manage to see one fish (probably a red) splash near our boat and Dave did have one fish mouth his bait. But that was it all day.

Still we enjoyed the day on the water and had fun trying. Oh - Lefty - I did catch an oyster rock, though it was a bit smaller than the monster you hauled in :eek: I think Dave has some pictures to post later.

Enjoyed it Dave - looking forward to going offshore with ya in April. Thanks a heap for the deer meat! Especially that tenderloin! Not being a hunter, I don't think I've ever had a venison tenderloin before - I look forward to it.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Yup, Lefty's got competition for sure now!!

Hey, had a great time Mike, weather was bad and the fish weren't cooperatin', but that's perfectly fine by me. Was nice to have the ICW and water around Topsail pretty much to ourselves!! (noone else dumb enough to go out in that stuff today I guess! ha ha ha ha...)

Enjoy that venison! if you'd of been goin 10 mph faster this mornin,, probably could of had at least one, maybe two deer in the ice box today! ;)

Finally thaw'd out in Sanford...

Yeah yeah,, I know,, the time stamp is wrong... when I put new batteries in, forgot to set the date...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Fine looking specimen, there, TA. What'd ya catch him on, is that a Gulp shrimp tail hanging down behind him?

Glad ya got a chance to enjoy the sun and fresh air, even though it was cold. Closest I came this weekend was putting new line on one of my reels last night. (And realizing how loose its anti-reverse is, compared to the Abu Cardinal I recently picked up.... Thats's starting to smell like a monkey....)

<sigh> The groundhogs said we don't have to wait too much longer.......
Lefty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.