NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sinker Man , a scholar and a gentleman and one heck of a nice guy, has requested that I do a tackle-test on 2 of his homemade shrimp lures. I forgot to mention that Sinker Man is also our resident technology rebel. Since he has thus far refused to procure a digital camera, I am posting the pictures below.

They look like puppy drum and flatfish magnets to me. I'll be trying 'em out in the White Oak on my next trip.

The tequila sunrise effect was pretty cool even if was an accident. Hey...there's another color scheme for Sinker Man to try out.

Thank Al, they're very cool :cool:!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Parrothead, I'll probably get one soon, but I haven't had a camera of any type since '85 and I never have taken a good picture of anything yet. Nearly all the ones I tried to take were of fish so you might can see how I would get disgusted. The end of the one I had in '85 came after I had caught a true trophy speck in the wee hrs. of the morning. After driving around for better than an hr. looking for a place to weigh it with no luck I came home and woke up my roommate (at 4 am) to take a picture of it. After a whole roll of polaroid film came out partially developed I surmized that the sx-70 polaroid camera was a piece of junk. When I got thru with it it certainlly was junk: but many pieces of junk. He gladly went back to bed after that display while I cleaned my undocumented trophy. The sad part is I had released 2 or 3 3 to 4 lbers already when I caught her and would have released her if I could have known the outcome. I also left some pretty good fishing behind that morning. Things had started to really pickup just before I caught her.
By the way those shrimp were meant to be very slowly dead sticked in. Just fast enough to keep it swimming. If they don't catch fish you can always use the white one for seagulls.:D Sorry about the tail on the other one. It was the first and probably last time of using mono to form and color the tail. AL

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Al, they look great to me and I can't wait to try 'em. I think I'm visiting Seabiscuit weekend after next. If there's any reds or trout in the WO I'll try them out.

I'm pretty sure we're going to try our first trip with the Catfish Noodles that Saturday night. It'll be a good excuse for telling lies, smoking stogies, and looking for the bottom of a brown clay bottle. We'll take pics if we catch any fish :D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.