NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got a call from my brother-in-law saying he had caught some nice bass in a pond behind the house with one being 5 lbs. I was very skeptical being the pond had been drained really low for several years. At one time it was a beautiful pond and my son had caught a 5 lb bass on a jitter bug just playing around the bank. Well my son that doesn't care to fish a lot asked me to ride down there with him and try to catch a few so I couldn't say no. He had said he would catch 1 within 3 casts and he did hook one, but he got off. I have been wanting to try a super spook I got to try on trout so I played around with it for a few and heard a slurp followed by drag. Hadn't fished in a while so I thought it maybe a little loose, but when this fish jumped my son lost it and after getting her in she was 6.5 lbs. This was my biggest fish on a rod and reel ever. Well after moving her to another pond I lit the grill and they went back. Just as I was flipping burgers he called saying he was bringing another one. She wound up being 5.5lbs, his biggest ever and was on the spook also. I think I'll be able to get him to try for some drum and trout now!!!!

Water Shorts Plant Sky Bermuda shorts
Water Plant Shorts Sky Hunting
Water Plant Smile Shorts Sky

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The second pic is where we moved the bass to. It is a smaller pond that is very deep on 2 sides and plenty of bream and bait. The first pic shows the pond that has been drained for the last few years. The other pics with my son when he was young was the big pond before it was drained. I was extremely surprised that those fish have survived in it with less than 3ft in most places especially with the colder weather we had. Also they were caught on a super spook jr. That I believe is speckled trout color that I bought to fish at the coast with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.