NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tried to catch some catfish today on the Cape Fear up by Fayetteville, but no luck. I put in at Cambellton Landing, really nice ramp, and ran down to the Husk Dam and then fished my way back up river. Spent the whole day on the river , that was cool. It was a nice day once the fog lifted but the fish just weren't co-operating. Then on the way home had a flat on the boat trailer.Oh well got some fly casting practice in while I waited for a bite.

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
Yep that is a scenic area of the river. Good fishing usually if you can catch the weather and water just right. Always like to camp on sandbars in the summer months and catfish all night . We would take several boats, built small fires and have a ball.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
In the summer the water levels are low and it leaves a lot of sandbars exposed. Find a good bar with some depth out front for catfishing and set up. Get there early and scrounge for wood and just keep it a low key fire, that won't burn up all your wood. Set up rod holders and the camp area and get ready for a throw down.

We also use to set trot lines and then every few hours a couple of guys would go and check them also.

Another neat trick was to take 2 liter drink bottles and tie a line to them and go jugging. Throw them out and then later go down river and pull them back up. We would put chemical lights in them so we could find them easy, look like a Necular plant floating :eek:

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
And dont forget the BUGSPRAY!

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
10-4 sundrop thats a good idea.

If you are out on a night with a good breeze they don't bother you, but let the wind die down and get hot and sweaty the skeeters will take you to the back woods for a feast.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I've been skunked my couple of times out myself. I fished from right there at Riverside though. Don't have the boat ready to go yet.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
:eek::rolleyes::eek: oooh ooh whatizit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
aaaannnnddddddddddddddd????????????????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Swamp and I are working on something that will be a good time for all, but we don't want to let the "Cat" out of the bag until we have it all worked out. You won't be disappointed.

Wisker

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Ya'll gettin' catty on us? Cat got ya tounge?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.